Collage Class: Using any Laura Heine Pattern
Saturday, February 9, 2019, 10:30- 3:30
We have special pricing for this class, because people want to make many of the patterns. The first class is $40.00, the second class is half price @ $20.00 and from then on the classes are free!!!
Because this is a long class we have some special fun planned: Sewing Bingo!
- Please search your sewing room for good items that you are no longer needed or interested in or are “extras”. For example: Patterns, books, notions, or fabric (Fat quarters or larger). You can bring as many items as you wish , but please bring a minimum of 3 items. This is a wonderful way to declutter your sewing space and make room for new fun items! We will use these “treasures” as our Bingo prizes!
- Please bring a lunch or plan to get lunch.
- Choose your pattern…. Any pattern is fine!
- Foundation fabric (Pattern-ease or Voile).
- Fusible: Steam a Seam 2 or Applique Fuse & Fix.
- Collage Fabric: Quilters Haven has pulled some fabrics that work well for collage. You will need small amounts (fat eights or scraps) of LOTS of different fabrics. Go through your stash and search for fabrics that will work. You do not need perfectly complete flowers or motifs. I used lots of partial flowers for the edges. We will share and help each other with fabric in class, so if you have a fabric that works well, bring a little extra!
- Iron fusible onto your fabric. Do not pull off remaining backing paper!
If you are an “eager beaver” you can cut some flowers in advance of class. Be sure to cut small, medium and large flowers and groups of flowers (We will be doing a lot of cutting and arranging in class.) Please save your larger scraps from cutting out motifs because they may be useful in class. Please don’t cut all of your fabrics before class! I have many helpful hints that will help you use different kinds of fabric to achieve “collage happiness”!
Bring to Class:
- Sharp scissors, 2 sizes, small and medium.
- Pencil (for marking foundation fabric).
- Small container or large plastic bag to hold your cut out shapes. (I used a thin plastic box designed for scrapbook paper.)
- Pattern and supplies.
- Extra fabric for sharing.
- Sewing Bingo “prizes”
- A smile... we are going to have fun!
Be sure you name is on the list at Quilters Haven!