Art Quilting - Collage Class
Using any Laura Heine Pattern
Greetings Art Gang!
Our Collage Class is wildly popular, highly addictive and sew much fun! We have special pricing for this class, because people want to make many of the patterns. The first class is $40.00, the second class is half price @ $20.00 and from then on the classes are free!!!
This is a long class, so we have some special fun planned: Sewing Bingo! Please search your sewing room for good items that you are no longer needed or interested in or are “extras”. For example: Patterns, books, notions, or fabric (Fat quarters or larger). You can bring as many items as you wish , but please bring a minimum of 3 items. This is a wonderful way to de-clutter your sewing space and make room for new fun items! We will use these “treasures” as our Bingo prizes!
Please bring a lunch or plan to get lunch.
Bring to class:
If you are an "eager beaver" you can prep ahead of class:
- Your Laura Heine pattern... Any pattern is fine!
- Foundation Fabric - Pattern-Ease or Voile
- Fusible - Steam a Seam 2 (recommended) or Applique Fuse & Fix
- Collage Fabrics
- Quilter's Haven has assembled some fabric bundles that work well for collage.
- You will need small amounts (fat eighths or scraps) of LOTS of different fabrics. Go through your stash and search for fabrics that might work. You do not need perfectly complete flowers or motifs. I used lots of partial flowers for edges.
- We will share & help each other in class, so if you have a fabric that works well, bring a little extra!
- Sharp scissors - 2 sizes, small & medium
- Pencil for marking foundation fabric, ultra fine sharpie works well
- Small container or ziploc bags to hold your cut out shapes (I used a thin plastic box designed for scrapbook papers)
- Extra fabric for sharing
- Sewing Bingo "prizes"
- A smile... We are going to have fun!!!
- Iron fusible onto the back of your Collage Fabrics. Do not pull off the remaining backing paper!
- Cut out some of the fusible backed flowers.
- Be sure to cut small, medium and large flowers as well as groups of flowers. We will be doing lots of cutting and arranging in class. Please save your larger scraps from cutting out motifs as they may be useful in class.
- Please do not cut all of your fabrics before class. I have many helpful hints that will help you use different kinds of fabric to achieve "collage happiness"!
Be sure you are registered for this class at Quilters Haven!