Art Quilting - Fancy Machine Stitches
Do you have a sewing machine with decorative machine stitches, and you never use them????? Decorative stitches make beautiful quilts. They can create textures, backgrounds, focal points, and can also be used to quilt your quilts! Join Shelli to learn how to make a beautiful Art Quilt and a Stitch Dictionary with all your Fancy Machine Stitches!
Bring to class:
Be sure you are registered for class at Quilter's Haven!
- Sewing machine
- Stabilizers: Fusible Fleece, Pellon 931 TD or equivalent, Stitch & Tear or equivalent
- Background Fabric: Fat Quarter, Batik is best. We can pick out fabrics in class or ask the Quilter's Haven girls to show you what I used!
- Optional: Black Felt for Stitch Dictionary
- Needles: Topstitch is great
- Thread: Many colors and weights
- Optional: Rat tail cord, or yarns for couching
- Bobbin Thread and 2 full bobbins with a neutral color like gray or tan
- Zig–zag foot
- Optional: Walking foot, couching or piping foot.
- Seam ripper
- Scrap piece of fabric and stabilizer to audition stitches
- Machine manual (Just in case)