Art Quilting - Pedal Power
Stop and smell the dimensional flowers on this fun little bike with a basket quilt. This quilt is all about dimension: Kraf-tex basket and spokes, embellished brad tire center, and 3D flowers and leaves. Once you know the 3D flower technique, these botanicals are easily modified to make any flower you can imagine. Your quilts will never be flat again… they will be dimensional!
Bring to class:
We will be making the flowers and leaves in class and working with Kraf-tex for basket and spokes. Instructions and free Pedal Power bike pattern provided for finishing the quilt.
- Scissors: small (cutting details and threads), medium (cutting large pieces) and paper scissors (cutting Kraf-tex)
- 1 yard fusible web (Heat and Bond light works well)
- Pink (2 shades) and yellow solid or “solid-ish” fabrics for flowers. The higher thread count the better, but anything works.
- Green (2 shades) solid or “solid-ish” fabrics for leaves.
- Kraf-tex ½ yard gray… please purchase in class.
- Fine sharpie pen or sharp pencil.
- Small white, pearl beads for flower centers.
- Beading needle (small eye) and beading thread (strong thread, like Silamide).
Finishing the quilt:
- Black fabric scrap 10x10 for bike tire.
- ½ yard pink or your choice fabric for bike frame.
- 2 fat quarters (light colored) for background.
- Optional: Paper crafting brad, large (for tire center) Found in scrapbooking supplies.
Be sure you are registered for the class at Quilter's Haven!