ART CLASS October 2019 - Fancy Machine Stitches
Sunday October 13, 1:00-3:30
Do you have a sewing machine with decorative machine stitches, and you never use them????? Decorative stitches make beautiful quilts; make textures, backgrounds, focal points; and can also be used to quilt your quilts! Come join Shelli and learn how to make a beautiful Art Quilt and a Stitch Dictionary with all your Fancy Machine Stitches!
Bring to class:
- Sewing machine
- Stabilizers: Fusible Fleece, Pellon 931 TD or equivalent , Stitch and Tear or equivalent
- Background Fabric: Fat Quarter, Batik is best. We can pick out fabrics in class or ask the Quilters Haven girls to show you what I used!
- Optional: Black Felt for Stitch Dictionary.
- Needles (Topstitch is great)
- Many colors, and weights of thread
- Bobbin Thread and 2 full bobbins with a neutral thread like gray
- Zig–zag foot
- Optional: Walking foot, couching or piping foot
- Seam ripper
- Scrap piece of fabric and stabilizer to audition stitches
- Optional: Rat Tail cord, or yarns for couching
- Machine manual (Just in case)
Be sure you are registered for the class at Quilter's Haven (651-322-7071)
ART CLASS January 2020 - Snow Dyeing
Sunday January 12, 1:00-3:30
Details coming soon!