Greetings Art Gang,
THERE WILL BE NO ART CLASSES DURING THE MONTH OF JUNE. ENJOY ALL YOUR GRAD PARTIES, QUILT SHOWS, BEACH TIME (if we ever get dry warm weather!) DIGGING IN YOUR GARDENS, AND FAMILY TIME!
JULY ART CLASS 2019
Beach Houses: Embellishing Fun!
Sunday July 14, 1:00-3:30
Embellishing Techniques: Coloring on Fabric, Dimensional: leaves, flags, shells and brad charms, “Weathered Wood Fabric” Shelli’s recipe, Beading on fabric: branch fringe and sequin flowers. Foiling fabric, Working with Cork and new fabrics.
Fabric: You can choose to make your Beach Houses any color combination you want. The supply sheet lists the colors I used. Please substitute as desired.
- ½ yard of your favorite fusible. I like Heat and Bond light.
- Sky: 1/2 yard, light blue. (I used the back of the fabric to get desired color.)
- Sand: 1/4 yard, light tan. (I used the back of the fabric to get desired color.)
- Houses, main fabric: Fat Eighth, teal, blue.
- House #1: Roof, trim and door, Fat Eighth, medium orange. Railing, window trim: brown scraps. Foundation: Cork scrap (6.5 x3) or light brown scrap. Window glass: white or cream scrap. Lantern, anchor and weathervane: Dark gray scrap.
- House #2: Roof, trim and door, Fat Eighth, light orange. Vertical boards and chimney: coral scraps. Crab: red scrap. Fishes: pink scraps. Window: dark orange scrap. Door: green scrap. Foundation: dark brown scrap with cork accent.
- Surfboard: green, teal and brown scraps.
- Fence: light gray scrap.
- Flags: wool scraps, pink, yellow, orange, green, purple.
- Hammock: pink and green scraps.
- Sun and Lantern glass: yellow and light orange scraps.
- Coconut tree stem: medium brown scraps. Coconut leaves: dark green scraps for “under” leaves and BIG medium green scrap for dimensional leaves.
- Optional: Embellishment Kit ($5 from Shelli): Decorative brads for door knobs, anchor and window pane. Large brown beads for coconuts. Size 10 green beads for seaweed. Flower sequins for window box. Small shells with holes for beach. Beading needle and Silamide beading thread. Painted wonder under for weathered wood.
Please email RSVP to Shelliquilt@charter.net If you want an embellishment kit.
Be sure you name is on the list at Quilters Haven (651-322-7071)
|Sun, Jul 14, 2019 at 1:00 pm to 3:30 pm|
|Sun, Aug 11, 2019 at 1:00 pm to 3:30 pm|
|Sun, Sep 8, 2019 at 1:00 pm to 3:30 pm|
|Sun, Oct 13, 2019 at 1:00 pm to 3:30 pm|
|Sun, Nov 10, 2019 at 1:00 pm to 3:30 pm|
|Sun, Dec 8, 2019 at 1:00 pm to 3:30 pm|