|Come join us for a class that will get you started in understanding the different OPTIONS you can create with the amazing Square in a Square ruler.|
In this class, you will learn how to use the different lines on the ruler, how to use the "Square in a Square Reference Book Volume One", learn and sew 3 of the options, get started on a lovely 9-block quilt top, and complete one block of the quilt. You will love this fun technique and wonder how you lived without it!
(Please note: this class is for advanced beginners and beyond).
Class Supply List:
- “Square in a Square Technique Reference Book Volume One” by Jodi Barrows
- Square in a Square Ruler
- Sewing machine – cleaned, oiled in good working order
- Quarter inch presser foot
- Fresh sewing machine needle (recommend Microtex 80/12)
- Neutral colored 100% cotton thread for piecing (preferably 50 or 60 wt., recommend Aurifil)
- Small thread cutting scissors
- Fabric cutting scissors
- Rotary cutter (FRESH SHARP blade is important)
- Small cutting mat (or you can share a mat at the shop with others)
- A few sewing pins
- Square – up Ruler (must have diagonal 45 degree line) – 6 ½ square ruler preferred (if you do not own a square-up ruler you can share one from the shop)
All fabrics must be starched at least once before cutting. (I starched mine twice before cutting ).
ALL FABRICS MUST BE pressed and cut PRIOR to class.
We will be following the pattern for the “Majestic Star” quilt on page 137 of the book. Please read the instructions carefully in order to cut your pieces correctly. (Take careful note that some pieces are cut as diamonds versus squares). Please cut all pieces per instructions and separate them with wonder clips or put them in labeled baggies.
NOTE: Do NOT cut your sashing fabric (wait until your blocks are done so that you can cut it to the appropriate size.) Also – you will NOT need to bring your sashing fabric to class (olive green fabric in kit.) You will NOT need to bring your binding fabric since we only be doing one block of the quilt in the class.